- Download the Oracle VM Manager installation media (not source) from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud - Oracle Linux and Oracle VM portal.
- Copy the Oracle VM Manager installation media to a directory on the Oracle VM Manager host.
- Log in to the Oracle VM Manager host as root, and unzip the file.
- Mount the ISO file by typing “mount -o loop <FILE NAME>.iso /mnt”
- Change to the /mnt directory, i.e. “cd /mnt.
- Verify that host name in the /etc/hosts file is associated with the server's public IP address.
- Run the installer script as root, by typing “./runInstaller.sh”
Note: To be able to reinstall Oracle VM Manager, it is necessary to uninstall all of the Oracle VM Manager componients.
# /etc/init.d/ovmm stop
Stopping Oracle VM Manager [ OK ]
Oracle VM Manager Release 3.3.1 Installer
Oracle VM Manager Installer log file:
Please select an installation type:
Select Number (1-4): 3
Begin uninstalling Oracle VM Manager:
Select Number (1-2): 1
Uninstall Oracle VM Manager
DB component : MySQL RPM package
MySQL RPM package installed by OVMM was found...
Removing MySQL RPM package installation ...
Product component : Java in '/u01/app/oracle/java/'
Java is installed ...
Removing Java installation ...
Product component : Oracle VM Manager in '/u01/app/oracle/ovm-manager-3/'
Oracle VM Manager is installed ...
Removing Oracle VM Manager installation ...
Product component : Oracle WebLogic Server in '/u01/app/oracle/Middleware/'
Oracle WebLogic Server is installed
Removing Oracle WebLogic Server installation ...
Service ovmm is deleted.
Service ovmcli is deleted.
Uninstall completed ...